Friday, June 03, 2005

bad back

So monday of last week i didn't go into work because i "threw my back out". It had been bothering me the week before. I was walking with vito at work and he asked me what was wrong with me. He said i was almost walking sideways. His wife is a chiropractor. Sunday night i carried Miles to bed. He always like to be carried. That night i couldn't sleep the way i normally sleep, face down because it bothered my back. Monday morning it was allot of work to get to a full upright position. It took about a week to get back to "normal", although running seems kinda awkward now and i find myself bracing my upper body with my hand on my leg when i do somethings. (have i always done that?)
I've talked to a few people and it seems to be more common than i would have thought. Shawn said he had to go the hospital when it happened to him and Jeff said it took him a year to fully recover. I went back to work after only taking one day off, but was tempted to stay a second day. I know i would have been bored. Monday i didn't' want to do anything, not watch tv, not sit at the computer and play games or walk to a store.
I'm not sure why it happened. I've done more exercise since my sabbatical than i've done in the last 10 years. I've lost weight. The last few weeks i have been working long hours and eating crap and not working out. The week before when my back started to bother me, i think started because i was slouching in my chair at work. I had back pain once when i was doing apple service, but that was about 8 years ago and when i was probably in my worst shape and it was no where near as bad as this. It was hard to get out of bed for a week.
This is kinda of embarrassing. I guess i need to stop playing WoW.

No comments: